[Dillo-dev] Oh, list moderator...

Jeremy Henty

May 31, 2015, 1:16:30 PM5/31/15
to Dillo developers

(I hope you will take this in the light-hearted tone that I wrote it.
I don't often write poetry.)

Oh, list moderator, help me please.
I sent the list an email with attached PNGs.
I saw there was a problem, had an itch to scratch.
And that's why I was hoping you would take my patch.
But I knew that you would need some actual evidence
To show you what I'm saying really makes some sense.

I saw a flowchart image in the HTML page
And noticed with regret that it had rotted with age.
It linked to a method that wasn't there no more
And that's when I decided I should settle this score.

I made a better version and then sent it to you
And I chose to enclose the original too
But sadly those two images were too big for the list
So now now your mailer's told me I should cease and desist.

Please, list moderator, let my work through.
Whatever you may think I only did it for you.
I have helped you before, I want to help you once more.
But you've got to tell your mail software to open the door.

Regards,

Jeremy Henty

Jorge Arellano Cid

May 31, 2015, 9:58:51 PM5/31/15
to dill...@dillo.org
Hi Jeremy,

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 06:14:12PM +0100, Jeremy Henty wrote:

> (I hope you will take this in the light-hearted tone that I wrote it.
> I don't often write poetry.)
>
> Oh, list moderator, help me please.
> I sent the list an email with attached PNGs.
> I saw there was a problem, had an itch to scratch.
> And that's why I was hoping you would take my patch.
> But I knew that you would need some actual evidence
> To show you what I'm saying really makes some sense.
>
> I saw a flowchart image in the HTML page
> And noticed with regret that it had rotted with age.
> It linked to a method that wasn't there no more
> And that's when I decided I should settle this score.
>
> I made a better version and then sent it to you
> And I chose to enclose the original too
> But sadly those two images were too big for the list
> So now now your mailer's told me I should cease and desist.
>
> Please, list moderator, let my work through.
> Whatever you may think I only did it for you.
> I have helped you before, I want to help you once more.
> But you've got to tell your mail software to open the door.

Hey, I liked your text! ;)

I don't remember who the moderator is these days, AFAIR
sometimes pending messages got to me, and other people have
taken this duty too (along the years).

Anyway, I went into the admin interface and allowed your message,
but don't remember receiving an authorization request from the system.

--
Cheers
Jorge.-

eocene

May 31, 2015, 10:28:57 PM5/31/15
to dill...@dillo.org
Jorge wrote:
> I don't remember who the moderator is these days, AFAIR
> sometimes pending messages got to me, and other people have
> taken this duty too (along the years).

I wouldn't be shocked if it turned out that no one is at present.

Sometimes I wonder whether the webmaster mail goes to anyone now.