[Dillo-dev] URL field / Loading page images / Refreshing DNS cache: Correction

1 view

John Gaffney

Jul 7, 2016, 5:18:50 PM7/7/16
to dill...@dillo.org
[...]
> In the current snapshot, the navigation bar has changed, and the URL
> field does not seem to be taking into account font_factor -- with the
> result that the window is smaller than the font height. You can test
> this by setting, e.g., font_factor=2.0 in your dillorc (most
> dramatically for a tiny panel with small icons). The issue seems to
> be with this factor not being taken into account when bh and lh are
> set in make_panel() in ui.cc.
[...]

I meant what is actually called the "location box," and on comparing
the code for 3.0.5 to the snapshot of a few days ago, I see that there
has been no change in the section of make_panel() in ui.cc that sets
the values of bh, lh, etc. The change that has caused the problem is
the addition of line 466 of ui.cc:

i->textsize((int) rint(14.0 * prefs.font_factor));

But the height of the CustInput i is still set to lh, which does not
take into account prefs.font_factor.

eocene

Jul 7, 2016, 5:39:50 PM7/7/16
to dill...@dillo.org
John wrote:
> I meant what is actually called the "location box," and on comparing
> the code for 3.0.5 to the snapshot of a few days ago, I see that there
> has been no change in the section of make_panel() in ui.cc that sets
> the values of bh, lh, etc. The change that has caused the problem is
> the addition of line 466 of ui.cc:
>
> i->textsize((int) rint(14.0 * prefs.font_factor));
>
> But the height of the CustInput i is still set to lh, which does not
> take into account prefs.font_factor.

My recollection is that I increased the size of the text because I
had gotten a computer with higher dpi, but I didn't want to mess
with the sizes of the boxes because that's Jorge's.

Jorge Arellano Cid

Jul 8, 2016, 1:09:49 PM7/8/16
to dill...@dillo.org
Hi John,

On Thu, Jul 07, 2016 at 05:16:04PM -0400, John Gaffney wrote:
> [...]
> > In the current snapshot, the navigation bar has changed, and the URL
> > field does not seem to be taking into account font_factor -- with the
> > result that the window is smaller than the font height. You can test
> > this by setting, e.g., font_factor=2.0 in your dillorc (most
> > dramatically for a tiny panel with small icons). The issue seems to
> > be with this factor not being taken into account when bh and lh are
> > set in make_panel() in ui.cc.
> [...]
>
> I meant what is actually called the "location box," and on comparing
> the code for 3.0.5 to the snapshot of a few days ago, I see that there
> has been no change in the section of make_panel() in ui.cc that sets
> the values of bh, lh, etc. The change that has caused the problem is
> the addition of line 466 of ui.cc:
>
> i->textsize((int) rint(14.0 * prefs.font_factor));
>
> But the height of the CustInput i is still set to lh, which does not
> take into account prefs.font_factor.

Yes man.

That was a quick patch (#4222 in Hg) for a larger font.

I'll look at it after I finish a general rendering algorithm bug
I'm working in.

Please be patient.

BTW, do you really need a font size that enlarges the location box? or
would it be enough to clamp the font size to fit in? The second case is
a much simpler patch.

--
Cheers
Jorge.-

John Gaffney

Jul 8, 2016, 1:26:26 PM7/8/16
to dill...@dillo.org
No rush! I was just pointing out the issue; for myself, just
commenting out the above line works just fine by reverting to the old
behavior and smaller font size in the location bar.