[Dillo-dev] Entry in cookiesrc locks Dillo up

Nick Warne

Sep 16, 2016, 5:59:53 AM9/16/16
to dill...@dillo.org
Hi All,

I frequent a Slackware Pi forum, and decided to get Dillo to remember
my log-in details with cookies. The URL is (in my bookmarks file):

http://forum.fatdog.eu/viewforum.php?f=30

If I add:

forum.fatdog.eu ACCEPT

in my cookiesrc file, then start Dillo, click on the above said link
in bookmarks, Dillo locks up and the only way out is to kill it from the
command line.

Any ideas on this? Or am I being stupid?

Nick
--
Gosh that takes me back... or is it forward? That's the trouble with
time travel, you never can tell."

Nick Warne

Sep 16, 2016, 6:16:10 AM9/16/16
to dill...@dillo.org
On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 10:57:49 +0100
Nick Warne <ni...@linicks.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I frequent a Slackware Pi forum, and decided to get Dillo to remember
> my log-in details with cookies. The URL is (in my bookmarks file):
>
> http://forum.fatdog.eu/viewforum.php?f=30
>
> If I add:
>
> forum.fatdog.eu ACCEPT
>
> in my cookiesrc file, then start Dillo, click on the above said link
> in bookmarks, Dillo locks up and the only way out is to kill it from
> the command line.
>
> Any ideas on this? Or am I being stupid?

Ummm, ignore this. Something happened, as all sites I have cookies for
lock up - it turned out (for some reason), there was 4 bookmarks.dpi
sessions running. I killed all of them and Dillo is back to normal.

Nick Warne

Sep 16, 2016, 7:13:57 AM9/16/16
to dill...@dillo.org
On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 11:14:05 +0100
Nick Warne <ni...@linicks.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 10:57:49 +0100
> Nick Warne <ni...@linicks.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I frequent a Slackware Pi forum, and decided to get Dillo to
> > remember my log-in details with cookies. The URL is (in my
> > bookmarks file):
> >
> > http://forum.fatdog.eu/viewforum.php?f=30
> >
> > If I add:
> >
> > forum.fatdog.eu ACCEPT
> >
> > in my cookiesrc file, then start Dillo, click on the above said link
> > in bookmarks, Dillo locks up and the only way out is to kill it from
> > the command line.
> >
> > Any ideas on this? Or am I being stupid?
>
> Ummm, ignore this. Something happened, as all sites I have cookies
> for lock up - it turned out (for some reason), there was 4
> bookmarks.dpi sessions running. I killed all of them and Dillo is
> back to normal.

As an update to this (for the record), it was me being stupid. When I
do set up a site for cookies, after I close Dillo I run 'dpidc stop' to
get it to dump to file - but this time I ran 'dpid stop' several
times... which does just the opposite!