[Dillo-dev] font size / dpi

eocene

May 8, 2015, 9:02:02 PM5/8/15
to dill...@dillo.org

On a 125 dpi display, web pages tend to be tiny.

For font_factor, dillorc claims "All font sizes are scaled by this value",
but that's only true for html sizes and the css sizes like 'small' 'x-large'
etc.

[hmm...speaking of which, I see there's a bug in there for 'larger' and
'smaller' where we apply font_factor erroneously.]

We should either change the claim or make it true.

Also, I was refreshing my memory on the resolution-independent px
discussion from January. Mostly it was about concern for the cost of
scaling images, and I realize that we kind of have to deal with images
or else everything doesn't fit together, but...it would be nice in
some ways if we could at least scale font sizes by dpi (the css px ones
and the assorted 14's that we have around in src/ ).