[Dillo-dev] https

Per Andersson

Apr 17, 2016, 12:28:55 PM4/17/16
to Dillo Dev

./configure --help

./configure --enable-ssl

make

sudo make install

dillo

"Dillo 3.1-dev_grows2"

https://anysite.com

"TLS: Disabled at compilation time."

1) configure, make or dillo does somethig wrong here!

2) A reasonable request (such as the URL above) should not be silently
ignored. The second message is printed only on stdout and mixed with
ten lines of obvious things.

3) The docs with dillo_grows-3.1 still talks about 3.0.5.

Best regards

Per

Nick Warne

Apr 17, 2016, 12:44:33 PM4/17/16
to Per Andersson, Dillo Dev

On 17/04/16 17:26, Per Andersson wrote:

> ./configure --help
>
> ./configure --enable-ssl
>
> make
>
> sudo make install
>
> dillo
>
> "Dillo 3.1-dev_grows2"
>
> https://anysite.com
>
> "TLS: Disabled at compilation time."

I don't see that here:

checking openssl/ssl.h usability... yes
checking openssl/ssl.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
checking for SSL_library_init in -lssl... yes
configure: WARNING: *** Enabling SSL/HTTPS/TLS support. THIS IS
EXPERIMENTAL CODE

Do you have the proper openssl libs installed?

> 1) configure, make or dillo does somethig wrong here!
>
> 2) A reasonable request (such as the URL above) should not be silently
> ignored. The second message is printed only on stdout and mixed with
> ten lines of obvious things.
>
> 3) The docs with dillo_grows-3.1 still talks about 3.0.5.

That needs cleaning up, but I guess bottom on the list of the dev's pile
of things to do.

Nick
--
Gosh that takes me back... or is it forward? That's the trouble with
time travel, you never can tell."

Sebastian Geerken

Apr 17, 2016, 1:30:42 PM4/17/16
to dill...@dillo.org
Hi Per,

On So, Apr 17, 2016, Per Andersson wrote:
> ./configure --help
>
> ./configure --enable-ssl
>
> make
>
> sudo make install
>
> dillo
>
> "Dillo 3.1-dev_grows2"
>
> https://anysite.com
>
> "TLS: Disabled at compilation time."

Like Nick, I cannot reproduce this. What can be found in config.log?

> 1) configure, make or dillo does somethig wrong here!
>
> 2) A reasonable request (such as the URL above) should not be silently
> ignored. The second message is printed only on stdout and mixed with
> ten lines of obvious things.

I agree with you.

> 3) The docs with dillo_grows-3.1 still talks about 3.0.5.

That's from hg.dillo.org (dillo 3.1-dev). I've never noticed it, but I
assume that this is changed as soon as a new release is prepared.

Sebastian

signature.asc

Jorge Arellano Cid

Apr 17, 2016, 2:58:03 PM4/17/16
to dill...@dillo.org
On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 06:26:42PM +0200, Per Andersson wrote:

> ./configure --help
>
> ./configure --enable-ssl
>
> make
>
> sudo make install
>
> dillo
>
> "Dillo 3.1-dev_grows2"
>
> https://anysite.com
>
> "TLS: Disabled at compilation time."
>

> 1) configure, make or dillo does somethig wrong here!

Not sure yet...

> 2) A reasonable request (such as the URL above) should not be silently
> ignored. The second message is printed only on stdout and mixed with
> ten lines of obvious things.

There's a chance you silently ignored the configure script output
saying it didn't find openssl (development libs).

Was this the case?

--
Cheers
Jorge.-