[Dillo-dev] patches #4634 and #4635

1 view

Jorge Arellano Cid

Jul 8, 2016, 11:49:18 PM7/8/16
to Dillo mailing list
Hi corvid,

Some comments:

-----------------

Patch #4635: rm IO flags, as they are never used

Yes, those linger from a time when shutdown() was used for handling
sockets in dillo. Not necessary now since we use read() write() close().

------------------

Patch #4634: freeing http socket, close FD that's being connected

Why did you do this? (i.e. Is there a specific bug?).

Beware the FD is closed inside IO.c (OpEnd|OpAbort). If you close
it in Http_socket_free(), you are opening race conditions on file
descriptors, and coding outside the design.

Http_socket_free() is used with the CCC chains, that's why it doesn't
close the FD, IO will do it by means of CCC; avoiding race conditions.

I haven't tested the code yet, but I'd be amazed if resources don't stop
to load at random.

For instance, Http_socket_reuse(int Skey) would be activating and
reporting success on a socket that's just been closed.

Please review all the related patches and be more careful before
committing.

PD: IIRC I used lsof to check for FD leaks long ago.

--
Cheers
Jorge.-