[Dillo-dev] Enabling Javascript

berenge...@neutralite.org

Nov 21, 2015, 6:27:23 PM11/21/15
to dill...@dillo.org
Hello.

First, sorry if this mailing list is not the good place to ask this,
but it is the only way to contact dillo users that I have seen on the
website (no IRC chan, forum, user mailing-list or.... only this dev ml).

I am discovering dillo (at least a browser which does not eat all
memory and take ages to start! Thanks for that guys.) and I have noticed
that there might be a partial implementation of JS support ( it is
yellow in http://www.dillo.org/Plans.html and there are bits of info
there http://lists.dillo.org/pipermail/dillo-dev/2009-May/006434.html ).
So, is this stuff in the current source tree, and if yes, how to enable
it (compiling dillo won't be a problem if it is needed)?

Thanks.

Johannes Hofmann

Nov 22, 2015, 4:45:50 AM11/22/15
to dill...@dillo.org
Hello,

there is currently no JS support available in dillo. There have been
some discussions about how scripting support could be added in the
future, but there is no code that could be enabled at the moment.

Cheers,
Johannes

berenge...@neutralite.org

Nov 22, 2015, 8:08:53 AM11/22/15
to dill...@dillo.org
Ok, thanks for the information.

PS: while I am here, is the top posting the common usage on this ml? I
have seen no hint about that, and I might have several other questions
related to dillo in near future.

Sebastian Geerken

Nov 23, 2015, 3:49:06 AM11/23/15
to dill...@dillo.org
On So, Nov 22, 2015, berenge...@neutralite.org wrote:
> [...]
>
> PS: while I am here, is the top posting the common usage on this ml? I have
> seen no hint about that, [...]

There are no formal rules on posting style. :-)

Sebastian

signature.asc