[Dillo-dev] Error message when starting 3.1-dev from xterm

walt...@waltdnes.org

Jun 25, 2016, 12:31:56 AM6/25/16
to dill...@dillo.org
Wnen starting up from an xterm, and then exiting, I get the
following.

** ERROR **: prefsparser: Syntax error in dillorc: name="(null)" value="(null)"
Domain: Default accept.
dillo_dns_init: Here we go! (threaded)
Disabling cookies.
Dillo: normal exit!

I moved my custom dillorc, and copied the generic one, i.e.

/usr/local/dillo/etc/dillo/dillorc

to check that it wasn't something I did. It still gets the same error.

--
Walter Dnes <walt...@waltdnes.org>

eocene

Jun 25, 2016, 3:04:21 AM6/25/16
to dill...@dillo.org
waltdnes wrote:
> Wnen starting up from an xterm, and then exiting, I get the
> following.
>
> ** ERROR **: prefsparser: Syntax error in dillorc: name="(null)" value="(null)"
> Domain: Default accept.
> dillo_dns_init: Here we go! (threaded)
> Disabling cookies.
> Dillo: normal exit!
>
> I moved my custom dillorc, and copied the generic one, i.e.
>
> /usr/local/dillo/etc/dillo/dillorc
>
> to check that it wasn't something I did. It still gets the same error.

It looks like dParser_parse_rc_line() does not deal
very well with the case where the line is not empty,
is not a comment, and lacks an '='.

Nick Warne

Jun 25, 2016, 9:02:35 AM6/25/16
to dill...@dillo.org
On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 07:02:13 +0000
eocene <eoc...@gmx.com> wrote:

> waltdnes wrote:
> > Wnen starting up from an xterm, and then exiting, I get the
> > following.
> >
> > ** ERROR **: prefsparser: Syntax error in dillorc: name="(null)"
> > value="(null)" Domain: Default accept.
> > dillo_dns_init: Here we go! (threaded)
> > Disabling cookies.
> > Dillo: normal exit!
> >
> > I moved my custom dillorc, and copied the generic one, i.e.
> >
> > /usr/local/dillo/etc/dillo/dillorc
> >
> > to check that it wasn't something I did. It still gets the same
> > error.
>
> It looks like dParser_parse_rc_line() does not deal
> very well with the case where the line is not empty,
> is not a comment, and lacks an '='.

Strange, I don't get that warning on the default dillorc nor on my
$HOME/.dillo/dillorc?

Nick
--
Gosh that takes me back... or is it forward? That's the trouble with
time travel, you never can tell."

walt...@waltdnes.org

Jun 25, 2016, 6:53:49 PM6/25/16
to dillo dev list
On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 07:02:13AM +0000, eocene wrote
> waltdnes wrote:
> > Wnen starting up from an xterm, and then exiting, I get the
> > following.
> >
> > ** ERROR **: prefsparser: Syntax error in dillorc: name="(null)" value="(null)"
> > Domain: Default accept.
> > dillo_dns_init: Here we go! (threaded)
> > Disabling cookies.
> > Dillo: normal exit!
> >
> > I moved my custom dillorc, and copied the generic one, i.e.
> >
> > /usr/local/dillo/etc/dillo/dillorc
> >
> > to check that it wasn't something I did. It still gets the same error.
>
> It looks like dParser_parse_rc_line() does not deal
> very well with the case where the line is not empty,
> is not a comment, and lacks an '='.

BINGO!

cd .dillo
grep -v "=" dillorc | grep -v "^#" > z.txt

.dillo/z.txt contains a bunch of blank lines, plus the line...

* HSTS directives are not saved between browser sessions.

Changing that line to start with "#" instead of "*" gets rid of the
error.

--
Walter Dnes <walt...@waltdnes.org>

eocene

Jun 25, 2016, 8:16:32 PM6/25/16
to dill...@dillo.org
waltdnes wrote:
> Changing that line to start with "#" instead of "*" gets rid of the
> error.

Fixed the typo, and I changed the error msg to print the line number.