[Dillo-dev] Firefox bookmarks.html convertor for Dillo

Nick Warne

May 14, 2016, 9:15:49 AM5/14/16
to dill...@dillo.org
Hi all,

Attached is a short perl script that converts FF bookmarks.html (which
can be exported within FF itself) to Dillo format bm.txt.

Simple to use, and the code has brief instructions.

The only thing I am not sure about is if different versions of FF use
the same bookmarks.html format.

Nick
--
Gosh that takes me back... or is it forward? That's the trouble with
time travel, you never can tell."

Nick Warne

May 15, 2016, 12:55:40 AM5/15/16
to dill...@dillo.org
On Sat, 14 May 2016 13:19:30 +0100
Nick Warne <ni...@linicks.net> wrote:

> Attached is a short perl script that converts FF bookmarks.html (which
> can be exported within FF itself) to Dillo format bm.txt.
>
> Simple to use, and the code has brief instructions.
>
> The only thing I am not sure about is if different versions of FF use
> the same bookmarks.html format.

A slightly improved version that doesn't strip all white space in the
URL 'name', and also ignores rss feeds.

I also forgot to mention that any bookmarks in the root (i.e. no
section) get stuffed into the last section parsed - these can easily be
handled in Dillos' bookmark menu 'modify'.
ff_to_bm.pl