Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Error opening job jar: ../behemoth-gate.job at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:90)

chethan

Dec 2, 2011, 3:10:23 AM12/2/11
to DigitalPebble
hi,

i am trying to configure jnioche / behemoth using this link:
https://github.com/jnioche/behemoth/wiki/tutorial

my hadoop version is : hadoop-0.20.2 in pseduo disturbed mode.

i have completed all the step till "Generating the corpus" when i am
running command :

./hadoop jar ../behemoth-gate.job
com.digitalpebble.behemoth.util.CorpusGenerator
/localPath/corpus /data/behemothcorpus

in hadoop prompt, i am getting this following this error:

xception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Error opening job
jar: ../behemoth-gate.job
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:127)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:135)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:72)
can any body help me.

julien nioche

Dec 2, 2011, 8:59:29 AM12/2/11
to DigitalPebble
Hi Chethan,

This is unusual but I seem to remember that I came across this once.
Could you do 'ant clean' + ant job and try again? What version of Java
do you use?

Julien

chethan

Dec 5, 2011, 1:16:59 AM12/5/11
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julien,

Did "ant clean" and then "ant job". tried again but same exception.

java version : java version "1.6.0_26"

my doubts

1. the "Generating the corpus" command should run under hadoop directory right.
2. what all the basic software requirements.

chethan

Dec 5, 2011, 1:42:27 AM12/5/11
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julien,

java version :  java version "1.6.0_26"

hadoop is configured with "java-6-sun", but i am sure that "jnioche /
behemoth" is using which version of java. how to know.....?

DigitalPebble

Dec 5, 2011, 5:44:48 AM12/5/11
to digita...@googlegroups.com
See https://github.com/jnioche/behemoth/wiki/behemothcompilation for the prerequisites

You should be able to call it from anywhere as long as 'hadoop' is on your path and you are pointing to the location of the job file.

On 5 December 2011 06:42, chethan <cheth...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Julien,

 java version :  java version "1.6.0_2"

--

Open Source Solutions for Text Engineering

http://digitalpebble.blogspot.com
http://www.digitalpebble.com

Message has been deleted

Julien Nioche

Aug 6, 2012, 3:50:10 AM8/6/12
to digita...@googlegroups.com, sall...@gmail.com
Just regenerate a brand new job file with mvn clean install.

On Thursday, August 2, 2012 10:28:44 AM UTC+1, sall...@gmail.com wrote:
How did u overcome this error?
I have the same problem :-/