Call for Reconciliation & Entity Resolution Use Cases / Needs / Stories

Brian Tingle

Aug 8, 2017, 3:06:47 PM8/8/17
to digital-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all:

The LD4 Community Working Group on Reconciliation & Resolution is an open
group working within the LD4L / LD4L Labs / LD4P broader family. A common
theme we've experienced is trying to take our data and match concepts with
other datasets - it is a big, messy problem with few (if any) common
solutions across domains. As such, our Working Group is trying to pull
together, analyze, find commonalities, and propose some pragmatic solutions
to needs around entity resolution and reconciliation in our data. You can
see our group's charge, shared understandings, and work plan here if you'd
like to learn more: https://github.com/LD4/ld4-community-recon

As part of this effort, we want to hear from you. If you're able, please
take 10-15 minutes to share with us your needs around entity matching -
whether it is taking string values and matching them to external
authorities, having two entity identifiers that you need to determine if
they're the same or not, capturing whether two ontologies' use of a class
are not the same, or other. We want this to be as broad a collection of use
cases, functional requirements, current services, or other needs and
workflows for entity resolution and reconciliation with your data (and this
is not limited to Linked Data!). You can share your needs with use by
opening an issue on this Github repository, or if uncomfortable with using
GitHub, emailing Arwen ([log in to unmask]) or Christina ([log in to unmask]),
this group's conveners.

We'll begin reviewing use cases in the second half of August (starting with
our open call on August 14th, see here:
https://github.com/LD4/ld4-community-recon/wiki/2017-08-14.md), so we hope
you'll take a moment sooner rather than later to add your needs. If you
want to follow this group's work, including the analysis and output based
on this collection, follow our GitHub repository here:
https://github.com/LD4/ld4-community-recon

Thank you for considering!