3.5" disks from KORG synthesizer

Hutchinson, Tim

Feb 23, 2015, 11:29:33 AM2/23/15
to digital-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone has had experience with disks recorded on a KORG synthesizer.

The Wikipedia article refers to a custom 720KB KORG format, but I’ve also found “emulators” on EBay that seem to use  1.44MB. That seems promising, but what’s not clear to me is whether the emulators attach to a computer, or a keyboard.

The discs are not readable with standard USB drives, or with a relatively modern Mac. At this point I don’t have access to a pre-1998 Mac. I might be able to arrange that but don’t want to go down that path if it’s unlikely to work. The disc labels indicate the recording dates are 1993-2000.

Thanks for any leads.

Tim

Tim Hutchinson
Head, University Archives & Special Collections
University Library, University of Saskatchewan

Room 301 Murray Library, 3 Campus Dr.

Saskatoon, SK S7N 5A4

Tel: (306) 966-6028  Fax: (306) 966-6040

Email: tim.hut...@usask.ca

Web: http://library.usask.ca/archives/