RAC Digital Media Log

Bonnie Gordon

Nov 21, 2016, 3:01:30 PM11/21/16
to Digital Curation
Hi folks,

I'm pleased to announce the release of the Rockefeller Archive Center's Digital Media Log, a Rails app that uses ArchivesSpace's API to quickly inventory digital media items and log disk imaging.The Digital Media Log is a place for archivists to identify digital media items during processing in order to plan for and perform preservation actions as well as log basic digital media stabilization information.

I've written a brief blog post explaining the thinking behind this system, and the code is available on GitHub. Instructions on using the Digital Media Log to inventory items are available here, though the documentation is very much a work in progress.

I'd be happy to answer any questions about this app or the digital media inventory and transfer workflows at the RAC.

Best,
Bonnie

--
Bonnie Gordon