New BloggERS Series: Software Preservation Network

Jessica Meyerson

Sep 21, 2016, 11:55:05 AM9/21/16
to Digital Curation

Hello Cultural Stewards and Preservationists!

The editorial team of bloggERS (the blog of the Society of American Archivists' Electronic Records Section) and the Software Preservation Network Project Team have teamed up and we are excited to announce a new series of posts on the Software Preservation Network (SPN)!

Introductory post:

https://saaers.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/software-preservation-network/

In the coming weeks, bloggERS will feature a series about the Software Preservation Network including posts written by researcher-practitioners willing to share their experience as SPN Forum Forum participants, an introduction to what the Software Preservation Network is working to accomplish, and a concluding post that updates readers on current and future activities. We invite readers to comment on the posts and participate in a conversation about this important and exciting topic.

The goal of these posts is to convey 1) an overview of FOrum activities and outcomes, 2) the increasing importance of software preservation in responsible digital stewardship, 3) the major perspectives/areas of expertise needed to form a software preservation community-of-practice and, 4) the major projects or tasks identified as actionable next steps. We hope readers will engage with the posts and perhaps even decide to become involved via grant proposals, collaborative efforts, and discussions.

Happy Reading!

Jessica Meyerson
SPN Project Team