Bagger Profiles

Margaret Peachy

Jul 13, 2016, 11:01:59 AM7/13/16
to Digital Curation
I'm working with Bagger 2.1.3 and trying to define a new profile, however, every time I add the new profile to the profiles directory Bagger will not open. I'm not well-versed in JSON at all, but followed the great instructions posted on the Digital POWRR site. I've also checked the file against other profiles I already have defined, and cannot identify the issue. Has anyone else run into this problem? Any advice?

Thanks!
Margaret

Moriah N. Caruso

Jul 13, 2016, 2:44:47 PM7/13/16
to digital-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Margaret-

Have you run your JSON through a validator? There are all sorts of them online. I’ve run into a similar problem before and the validator has caught all sorts of small errors that I couldn’t find that needed correction before Bagger will display the profile.

-Moriah

Margaret Peachy

Jul 14, 2016, 2:05:36 PM7/14/16
to Digital Curation
Thanks, Moriah!

I did run it through a few validators and fixed a few errors, but unfortunately bagger is still crashing on me when this particular profile is present.

Margaret

Mark A. Matienzo

Jul 14, 2016, 3:59:13 PM7/14/16
to digital-...@googlegroups.com
Margaret,

Would it be possible for you to share your profile?

Cheers,
Mark

Margaret Peachy

Jul 15, 2016, 10:55:36 AM7/15/16
to Digital Curation
Absolutely, Mark. See attached.

Thanks!
Margaret
DPN_generic.json

Mark A. Matienzo

Jul 15, 2016, 11:16:35 AM7/15/16
to digital-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Margaret -

Try renaming the file from "DPN_generic.json" to "DPN_generic-profile.json". The file itself is valid, but Bagger is opinionated about the filename before the extension ending with "-profile".

Best,
Mark

Mark A. Matienzo

Jul 15, 2016, 11:19:23 AM7/15/16
to digital-...@googlegroups.com
... I should also add that I tested this in Bagger 2.7.1, and as long as the file is renamed, Bagger starts with no issues.

Mark

Margaret Peachy

Jul 15, 2016, 11:55:14 AM7/15/16
to Digital Curation