Open-Sourcing MoMA’s Digital Repository

Ben Fino-Radin

May 13, 2015, 11:50:30 AM5/13/15
to digital-...@googlegroups.com

Today MoMA is very pleased to introduce Binder, a Web application designed for overseeing and managing the active preservation of digital collections, developed by MoMA and Artefactual Systems. We have released Binder as free, open-source software for anyone to use, adopt, modify, and redistribute.

Binder was developed to facilitate active, living management, access, and big-picture analysis of MoMA's or any digital collections. While Archivematica addressed the foundational questions of bit preservation and long term legibility of the digital files we found it necessary to develop this additional tool to fully manage the collection.

See a demo here: https://youtu.be/TelwvLkt-84
Binder on GitHub: https://github.com/artefactual/binder
Binder documentation: http://binder.readthedocs.org
Binder user forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/binder-repository