Controlled vocabularies for digital object management

ยอดดู 25 ครั้ง
ข้ามไปที่ข้อความที่ยังไม่อ่านรายการแรก

Peter McKinney

ยังไม่อ่าน,
28 ก.ค. 2559 01:01:3628/7/59
ถึง P...@listserv.loc.gov, digital-...@googlegroups.com, DIGITAL-PR...@jiscmail.ac.uk, PREMIS Editorial Committee Forum (PREMIS-EC@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV)

Dear All,

As part of our ongoing programme to understand the context within which PREMIS [http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/] operates, we would like to request information on what controlled vocabularies are employed in your organisation. While PREMIS is intended to be preservation metadata, we are interested in vocabularies that cover all activities involved in managing digital objects (pre-ingest activities, intellectual control, access, etc).

Why are we doing this? We have just undergone a programme of work to update a number of LoC controlled vocabularies (http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/preservation) and are still in the process of updating the vocabulary for events. This work is leading us towards questions of scope and remit: where are the borders of digital preservation in terms of the management of digital objects; where does PREMIS sit in relation to those borders; where should PREMIS sit? While responses to this request for information will only give us a small part of this picture, it is a beginning point as we try to unpick current community practice and requirements.

I would like to encourage you therefore to do one of two things:

1: Go to our google doc and add in any controlled vocabularies you use. These can include your own local vocabularies, not just national or international ones.
[https://drive.google.com/open?id=142B8qFdEVJAL-SaHVZO3O5oZtSGBZD3TgSl4rgBTSwQ]

2. Send me an email with the controlled vocabularies.

Of course, I would be more than happy to explain further and answer any questions.

Yours,

Peter McKinney

On behalf of the PREMIS Editorial Committee

Peter McKinney | Digital Preservation Policy Analyst | Information and Knowledge Services
National Library of New Zealand Te Puna M
ātauranga o Aotearoa
Direct Dial: +64 4 462 3931 | Extn: 3931
Cnr Molesworth and Aitken Streets | PO Box 1467, Wellington 6140 |

http://digitalpreservation.natlib.govt.nz/

I work on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

The National Library is part of the Department of Internal Affairs

ตอบทุกคน
ตอบกลับผู้สร้าง
ส่งต่อ
ข้อความใหม่ 0 รายการ