New THOR Report on the Current State of Persistent Identifier Use and Integration

kir...@project-thor.eu

Sep 27, 2016, 11:10:10 AM9/27/16
to Digital Curation
The THOR project began with an eye towards sustainability, developing a metrics dashboard (http://dashboard.project-thor.eu/dashboard/) to gauge adoption of PID systems and services in a responsive way. Now that THOR has celebrated its first birthday, we’ve taken time to pause and understand the current state of the PID landscape compared to when we first started. Assessing these changes helps us to tweak our plans for the future, making sure we stay on track for the remainder of the project.

These findings also have relevance beyond the project. We recently released a white paper version of this internal evaluation. This report provides an interim assessment of these initial inroads as well as an analysis of PID use and integration based on key performance indicators and data collected via the dashboard.

The report is available here: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.154592

Feedback, questions, and comments are, as always, welcome at in...@project-thor.eu.