help us by sharing your opinion on the value of web-archives as born-digital research materials: https://bit.ly/2GcKWJf

Peter Mechant

Apr 5, 2018, 10:53:21 AM4/5/18
to Digital Curation

Dear all,

We are launching an online survey to grasp the requirements and needs of (potential) users of web archives. How do they, or do they want to, access, use and consult web archives? With this survey, we want to explore the value of web-archives as born-digital research materials for academics and researchers in your discipline.

Given your expertise and experience in your field of work your opinion would be an excellent addition to the data we have already gathered. Hence, we invite you to share your opinion on web archiving and your requirements. You can find the survey here: https://ghentunipss.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0VtcsXxdBmgWS2x

As we want to gather as much data as possible about the requirements and challenges of working with web archival material we cordially invite you to distribute the survey link (https://ghentunipss.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0VtcsXxdBmgWS2x) further amongst your colleagues and peers (e.g. via discipline-specific mailing lists).

All entries in the survey will be stored anonymously and completing the survey will only take around 8 minutes. This survey is part of the PROMISE project which is looking at how current best practices in web-archiving can be applied to the Belgian context. For more information have a look at:

·         https://www.kbr.be/en/promise-project

·         https://promise.hypotheses.org/

·         http://www.ghentcdh.ugent.be/projects/promise-preserving-online-multiple-information-towards-belgian-strategy.

For further information about the research or if you have concerns/questions about the research you would like to discuss, please contact: Eveline Vlassenroot, eveline.v...@ugent.be or Peter Mechant, peter....@ugent.be, Ghent University, Belgium.

Regards,

Peter Mechant

Senior Researcher

imec-mict-Ghent University