Job Posting: Metadata Librarian, ICPSR

Jared Lyle

Nov 16, 2016, 4:14:49 PM11/16/16
to digital-...@googlegroups.com
The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) seeks to appoint a Metadata Librarian to manage its rich metadata collection. The successful candidate will provide guidance in metadata management and innovation to support and expand the social and behavioral science data coverage of the ICPSR Archive(s) and provide users with an accurate, precise, and comprehensive resource discovery process.  S/he will participate in the ongoing development of the ICPSR’s technical infrastructure, and will coordinate metadata activities and advise on metadata function improvement, enhancement, and troubleshooting.   Additionally, s/he will manage metadata projects, develop workflows, and provide training to staff in order to advance ICPSR’s metadata and discovery services.

ICPSR, a unit within the Institute for Social Research at the University of Michigan, seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to maintain the excellence of the university, and to ground our research in varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.

For a complete posting with information on how to apply, please see: http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/134274/assoc_librarian

---
Jared Lyle
Director of Curation Services