Again "null" image problem

Dimitri Papadopoulos

Apr 28, 2017, 2:03:35 AM4/28/17
to DicomBrowser users

I am experiencing the same "null" image problem as previously reported, on a Linux Ubuntu 16.04 workstation:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/dicombrowser-users/4ObOoOqBaGA
See screen capture.

This is what I have tried:
  • This happens with both Oracle's Java 1.8.0_131 and OpenJDK 1.8.0_121.
  • I reproduce this on the whole dataset (java org.nrg.dcm.browse.DicomBrowser /tmp/DICOM) but not on subsets of it (java org.nrg.dcm.browse.DicomBrowser /tmp/DICOM/00000001).
  • The above made me think of memory issues, but increasing the heap size doesn't help (java -d64 -Xms512m -Xmx4g org.nrg.dcm.browse.DicomBrowser /tmp/DICOM)
  • Then I noticed a file DICOMDIR in /tmp/DICOM. Removing it did help.
What could be wrong with this DICOMDIR file?

Herrick, Rick

Apr 28, 2017, 9:41:14 AM4/28/17
to dicombrow...@googlegroups.com

That is a type of manifest or metadata file:

http://dicomiseasy.blogspot.com/2013/03/dicomdir-and-media-interchange.html

The app should probably recognize it and ignore it, but if removing the DICOMDIR file makes it work then just do that.

--

Rick Herrick

Sr. Programmer/Analyst

Neuroinformatics Research Group