Dicom Mac 1.5.2 DMG Corrupt

Chris Fahim

Apr 20, 2015, 4:42:34 PM4/20/15
to dicombrow...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I keep getting a damaged/corrupted download error when trying to open the Dicom v1.5.2 dmg for Mac OSX.

I am downloading from the link on the webpage here:
http://nrg.wustl.edu/software/dicom-browser/

Please advise.  Thanks.

-Chris

Kevin Archie

Apr 21, 2015, 1:35:50 PM4/21/15
to dicombrow...@googlegroups.com
Chris,

Sorry about the trouble. I’m also unable to get the binary just now (through Safari, there’s some weird handling of FTP sites) so I’ve put the latest build here: DicomBrowser-1.7.0b3-app.zip

Unzipping that file yields a regular Mac app.

 - Kevin

Rick Herrick

Apr 21, 2015, 1:59:01 PM4/21/15
to dicombrow...@googlegroups.com
I was able to download the dmg and open it with no trouble. I tried with both Chrome and Safari and it worked fine. I've added an md5 checksum you can use to validate:

That said, you're probably better off with Kevin's 1.7.0b3 app anyway!

Kevin Archie

Apr 21, 2015, 4:10:19 PM4/21/15
to dicombrow...@googlegroups.com
That 1.7.0b3 build will cause problems if you have Java 1.7+. I've just uploaded a build that works with Java 8 (and I think 7 as well but I haven't tested): DicomBrowser-1.7.0b4.dmg

Let me know if it gives you any trouble.

  - Kevin

Chris Fahim

Apr 21, 2015, 5:14:01 PM4/21/15
to dicombrow...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rick and Kevin.  I tried 1.7.0b3 and worked wonderfully.  I haven't tried the b4 yet.

-Chris

Chris Fahim

Apr 21, 2015, 6:15:58 PM4/21/15
to dicombrow...@googlegroups.com
Just tried b4, it works as well.  I didn't try java8, but it is working with java7.  Thanks again.

Witt, David

Apr 22, 2015, 9:39:07 AM4/22/15
to dicombrow...@googlegroups.com, Witt, David

Kevin,

What should I rename the file extension as?  It doesn’t appear to be a .zip file.

Thanks,

Dave

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary, privileged and/or private information. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the message and any attachments. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this message or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Kevin Archie

Apr 22, 2015, 9:41:41 AM4/22/15
to dicombrow...@googlegroups.com, Witt, David
Dave,

The .dmg file is a mountable disk image. Double-click it from the Finder and it’ll mount; that mounted volume has the DicomBrowser app bundle, which you can drag to your Applications folder or wherever makes sense.

  - Kevin

Witt, David

Apr 22, 2015, 9:42:51 AM4/22/15
to Kevin Archie, dicombrow...@googlegroups.com

Kevin,

I have a PC, not a MAC.

Thanks,

Dave

Kevin Archie

Apr 22, 2015, 9:48:08 AM4/22/15
to Witt, David, dicombrow...@googlegroups.com
Ah, okay, sorry for the confusion.

  - Kevin

Witt, David

Apr 22, 2015, 9:55:13 AM4/22/15
to dicombrow...@googlegroups.com

Kevin,

Thanks.  I got that from you back in 2013.  I was wondering if the new 1.7.0b4 was an improved version of the 1.7.0b1 from 2013.

Simon Doran

Apr 27, 2015, 6:54:50 PM4/27/15
to dicombrow...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kevin,

  Can you help me out? I have a user who - for compatibility with software from a CRO that she is working with - has to run the latest version of Java. She has Java 8 update 45 on her Mac (OS X 10.9.5).

  I have the following issue: good old DicomBrowser 1.5.2, which works for me on my configuration (OS X 10.10.2, Java 8 update 31) does not run on my colleague’s machine, as per the item on the Dicombrowser Google group. We get the "corrupt" error, as per Chris Fahim's original post when we try to open it. I downloaded your suggestions of 1.7.0b3 and 1.7.0b4 and tried both of these. b3 fails to open on her machine (with the same symptom, I think). b4 does open and I can load data. However, crucially, it will not load an anonymisation script. I get the behaviour shown in the attached graphic on both my machine and hers:

  Do you have any idea what is happening? Is there any way of fixing this?

  Thanks in advance,

Simon

Kevin Archie

Apr 28, 2015, 1:21:16 AM4/28/15
to dicombrow...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Simon,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. The short, unfortunate answer: this isn’t familiar, though I don’t think I’ve tested loading an DicomEdit script on the latest build, and I won’t really have space to look at it until maybe this weekend.

  - Kevin

Simon Doran

Apr 28, 2015, 6:04:53 PM4/28/15
to dicombrow...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

  Thanks for this. The situation is not hyper-urgent, as we managed to use one of the other routes for uploading this particular set of data to XNAT. However, what does worry me in the medium term is that, sooner or later, there will be something that forces me to upgrade my own copy of Java, which will break DicomBrowser for me, too, and that *really* wouldn't be good news.

  I guess I can always run DicomBrowser from the command line using whichever version of the JVM I choose, so there is always a workaround, but it is just not pretty ;-)

  Best wishes,

Simon