DICOM Browser and 64-bit environment

Witt, David

Aug 19, 2013, 4:06:40 PM8/19/13
to dicombrow...@googlegroups.com, Witt, David

I have both 32-bit and 64-bit java installed in a windows 2008 R2 server.  When I install DICOM Browser and then try and run it, it complains:

Failed to load Java VM library: C:/Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\server\jvm.dll (errno=193).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

Ps.  The jvm.dll file is there.

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary, privileged and/or private information. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the message and any attachments. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this message or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Archie, Kevin

Aug 19, 2013, 4:12:18 PM8/19/13
to <dicombrowser-users@googlegroups.com>
Hi, David,

What version of DicomBrowser are you using? I'd recommend trying the 1.7.0 beta (ftp://ftp.nrg.wustl.edu/pub/DicomBrowser/DicomBrowser-Win-1.7.0b1.zip) if you're not already there. (Not that I'm certain that upgrading will fix the problem, but it's a lot closer to the current codebase than anything else.)

  - Kevin

The material in this message is private and may contain Protected Healthcare Information (PHI). If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return mail.

Witt, David

Aug 19, 2013, 4:14:59 PM8/19/13
to dicombrow...@googlegroups.com, Witt, David

Kevin,

I was using the version downloaded from your site (1.5.2 on your DicomBrowser page).

I will try the beta version.

Thanks,

Dave

Rick Herrick

Aug 19, 2013, 8:33:14 PM8/19/13
to dicombrow...@googlegroups.com
Dave,

That errno=193 indicates an issue with the 64-bit JVM. I think the problem is that you're running the DicomBrowser.exe as a 32-bit app but then hitting the 64-bit JVM and dying because of that. One option is obviously uninstalling the 64-bit JRE. I *think* that you may be able to get the 32-bit JVM by messing with the system path or setting an environment variable or something in the registry, but that way there be dragons so take caution.

Rick Herrick
Webster Groves, MO
rher...@gmail.com

Witt, David

Aug 20, 2013, 1:14:55 PM8/20/13
to dicombrow...@googlegroups.com, Witt, David

Kevin,

I downloaded the latest beta version and it seems to work fine in a dual java environment (both 32 and 64 bit jvm’s used by a variety of different programs).

Thanks,

Dave

Archie, Kevin

Aug 20, 2013, 1:16:46 PM8/20/13
to <dicombrowser-users@googlegroups.com>
Dave,

Great, thanks for the news. I really should pull that together into a full release sometime soon.

  - Kevin