Access public content from other pods

Daniel Steglich

Jan 3, 2016, 1:38:39 PM1/3/16
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I set up my own pod and created a user account on this pod.
Afterwards I created a user account on a big german pod (geraspora).
Now I connected this two user accounts by adding each other on the
contact list.

Now the user on my private pod can see users on geraspora. Also they can
see me and interact with me. I got a lot comments on my #newhere post.

Both accounts (on geraspora and on my private pod) are following some
hashtags like #opensource.

The stream on my geraspora account contains a lot of public posts
related to #opensource

Also when I post something on my private pod and hashtag some things I
am following on geraspora, I see this post on my geraspora account stream.

But the stream on my private pod account is still quite empty (only my
own activites are visible and some posts from diasporahq).

I followed the wiki instructions. My SSL connection is OK.

Can anybody explain what I need to do to receive (public) posts from
other pods?

cheers,
Daniel

Jason Robinson

Jan 4, 2016, 3:44:40 PM1/4/16
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

At the moment, unfortunately, the only way is to create lots of
connections to other pods. There is however already a relay system being
tested in development pods (including Friendica too) that allows pod
maintainers to configure their pod to push public posts out into the
relays and for pods to subscribe to relays. See more info here:
https://wiki.diasporafoundation.org/Relay_servers_for_public_posts

Support for relays is already in diaspora* 0.6, which is the next major
release.

Br,
Jason
--