Fwd: [D*] crowd funding campaign to work full time on diaspora packaging

Jason Robinson

Dec 5, 2014, 3:09:52 AM12/5/14
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com
Cross-posting to -discuss list too :)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [D*] crowd funding campaign to work full time on diaspora packaging
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 16:08:29 +0530
From: Pirate Praveen <pra...@onenetbeyond.org>
To: N: <diaspo...@googlegroups.com>

Hi,

I'm running a crowd funding campaign so I can dedicate my full time for
at least a month on diaspora packaging for debian.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/make-diaspora-installation-one-step-on-debian/x/509624

If this is successful, I can consider fedora/centos as a stretch goal as
there was interest from some people for that.

I have also made a diaspora installer package which will install
dependencies using rubygems and can be used immediately.

Please test and provide feedback
https://wiki.debian.org/Diaspora#Diaspora_Installer_Package

My crowd funding target is a full package where all dependencies are
available via debian. I understand it will be challenging to keep gem
versions in sync, but I'm prepared to do it.

signature.asc