http mode

Boris Rybalkin

Dec 6, 2015, 9:00:05 PM12/6/15
to diaspora-discuss
Hi,

Is it possible to run diaspora on http?

I tried setting "require_ssl: false" but it helped only partially.

For example, welcome and signup pages are fine on http.
But when I try to sign in it forces me to https://domain/getting_started.

Thank you.

Jonne Haß

Dec 6, 2015, 9:01:46 PM12/6/15
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com
You probably still have a redirect cached or your reverse proxy does redirect somewhere. Double check your config, restart diaspora and clear your browser cache.

But why don't you just get a free cert from Let's Encrypt, WoSign or StartSSL?

Jason Robinson

Dec 7, 2015, 2:53:32 AM12/7/15
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com
TBH, with free SSL certs getting easier, we should just enforce SSL on
the application level :) Maybe not yet, but that time should be coming.

Br,
Jason
--
Br,
Jason Robinson

Boris Rybalkin

Dec 7, 2015, 6:02:41 PM12/7/15
to diaspora-discuss, ma...@jasonrobinson.me
SSL is fine, but I am not just configuring one instance, I am doing diaspora prepackaged app for syncloud.org.
We have two modes of accessing a device: http and https, so this is the real reason.
Probably we should think about dropping http at all.