how to get a new password... how???

Lyn Cassady

Jun 15, 2015, 5:18:13 PM6/15/15
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com
hey people, i forgot my password, and when i click on the button to send me an e-mail to set new one, nothing is working - i don't get an e-mail. so i cannot use my account now, after inviting so many friends.... it's sooo annoying!!!  HELP? please. <3 i've tried a million times... and there's no way to reach someone at diaspora... so you're my last hope now... i really loved that diaspora account... :( :( :(

Jason Robinson

Jun 16, 2015, 12:30:10 PM6/16/15
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lyn,

I'm assuming your account was on diasp.net server? If it is this profile: lynca...@diasp.net ? So you are probably trying to reset the password on the wrong server, since this diasp.net server, unfortunately, disappeared from the internet.

We're hoping it will come back as quite a few users put their trust in this server. If it does, will reply back to you here. Unfortunately, if it doesn't, all you can do unless you downloaded your contacts before it disappeared, is to create a new account on a more reliable server.

Some servers listed here: http://podupti.me

Hopefully it will be back, if not within the next week or so, I'd give up hope and create a new account.

Br,
Jason

On 15.06.2015 23:44, Lyn Cassady wrote:
hey people, i forgot my password, and when i click on the button to send me an e-mail to set new one, nothing is working - i don't get an e-mail. so i cannot use my account now, after inviting so many friends.... it's sooo annoying!!!  HELP? please. <3 i've tried a million times... and there's no way to reach someone at diaspora... so you're my last hope now... i really loved that diaspora account... :( :( :(

-----
Br,
Jason Robinson
https://jasonrobinson.me

Lyn Cassady

Jun 16, 2015, 5:10:36 PM6/16/15
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com, ma...@jasonrobinson.me
hi jason, wow, that is so awesome... you're absolutely right about diasp.net - i noticed it was gone and just assumed i could log in on joindiaspora. this is perfect, thanks you soooooooooo much!!! i was going crazy here, wondering about my password and my e-mail account and stuff. thank you again! this makes me happy. :) :) :)

Lyn Cassady

Jun 16, 2015, 5:12:51 PM6/16/15
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com
hi jason, wow, that is so awesome... you're absolutely right about diasp.net - i noticed it was gone and just assumed i could log in on joindiaspora. this is perfect, thanks you soooooooooo much!!! i was going crazy here, wondering about my password and my e-mail account and stuff. thank you again! this makes me happy. :) :) :)

Jason Robinson

Jun 21, 2015, 3:48:27 PM6/21/15
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com
Hey Lyn,

Bad news, seems diasp.net is gone forever - see this post: https://iliketoast.net/posts/650175

We hope the failure of this pod to stay up doesn't take you away from diaspora. There are lots of pods to choose from at http://podupti.me.

We're all annoyed about what has happened but unfortunately cannot do anything, sorry :(

Br,
Jason

Lyn Cassady

Jul 7, 2015, 10:50:15 AM7/7/15
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com
hey jason, thank you so much again - it's not nice, but it happens... sometime you just gotta let things go. i only had that account for a short time, so there wasn't too much on it. lots of love! linda

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "diaspora-discuss" group.

Rod S

Sep 7, 2015, 1:35:18 PM9/7/15
to diaspora-discuss
test