Logos, Branding

Jack Freakazoid

Sep 3, 2015, 1:27:51 PM9/3/15
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com
Dear Diaspora community.

Probably my doubt is a bit stupid, however I could not find any
reference in the Wiki about how to change the logos for my diaspora pod.
All what I could find is that everything is in the public folder un
assets/branding/logos however, I don't know if I can just add the new
logo and rename it straightforward as the default one. I'm pretty sure
that there is a more professional way to do it.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Jack Freakazoid

Sep 5, 2015, 4:50:09 PM9/5/15
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com
Please do not respond at the same time. A little bit mute this community.

Jason Robinson

Sep 9, 2015, 2:28:47 PM9/9/15
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com
Jack, this is not a support forum, it's a discussion group that is not really active any more that much. If you had asked on diaspora* with the hashtag #diaspora, I think you might have gotten a faster answer.

AFAICT there is no way to "just change" the logo, except by copying over your own. The best way for running your own pod is to use your own fork and replace whatever content you need (assets like logos, etc), then run your pod off your fork. That way you can replace your things and still have them version controlled.

Br,
Jason
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity. --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "diaspora-discuss" group.

-----
Br,
Jason Robinson
https://jasonrobinson.me

Jack Freakazoid

Sep 9, 2015, 2:44:14 PM9/9/15
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com, Jason Robinson
Thank you Jason

I figured out how to do it. Despite that is a discussion group instead of support, I guess that a little answer like yours will not take much time and is polite as well.

Have a nice say.