[Stupid question] Is really Diaspora decentralized?

Lord Fervi

Oct 12, 2016, 3:54:00 PM10/12/16
to diaspora-discuss
Hello

I would like to get started with the Diaspora and abandon Facebook. The Diaspora, some time ago I read, I even have an account, but I do not know whether there is "decentralization". I imagined that that will write a message in the tag (eg. Linux) and all users of the Diaspora (ie. After) have access to my messages.

But it does not work with what I noticed, or do not know how to set it up.

Robby O'Connor

Oct 12, 2016, 3:55:50 PM10/12/16
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com

Yes it is. Your data is shared with other pods but centrally located on whatever pod you set up.

--Rob
Sent from my cell, please excuse any typos.

Lord Fervi

Oct 13, 2016, 6:02:35 AM10/13/16
to diaspora-discuss
But does it work?
In the sense of a year ago I wrote a post on #pingwineknet (for diasp.pl and joindiaspora.org), and none of them is synchronized. You may need to adjust something?

I wanted to move my fanpage from Facebook to the Diaspora. But I have just such a problem that someone can be such. Joindiaspora.org, I can be diasp.pl and he will not be able to read.

Maybe there is a guide on how to set it up?
Thanks for the help