[ANNOUNCEMENT] diaspora* version 0.3.0.0 released

Jason Robinson

Jan 19, 2014, 3:52:36 PM1/19/14
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com, diaspo...@googlegroups.com
## diaspora* version 0.3.0.0 released 19th January 2014

To get 2014 off to a good start, we are very happy to announce the release of diaspora* v0.3.0.0.

We want to say a massive thank you to the 29 contributors who between them made 225 commits towards this release. Here are the major improvements you'll find:

* The oEmbed content is now available on mobile devices
* You can ignore a user from their profile page
* Actions on aspects such as manage, set visibility, delete, and so on are now available from the /contacts page
* Pods are now able to share statistics. This is a work in progress. Until a summary has been placed on the official Diaspora project site, you can check Jason's hub (http://pods.jasonrobinson.me/
)
. *Note:* this is an **opt-in** feature. No stats will be collected on your pod unless you choose to participate
* The conversation (private messages) view has been redesigned and improved
* Upgrade to Ruby 2.0 and Sidekiq 2.17, which will provide performance improvements
* And dozens of bugs fixed and a lot of refactoring for a better user experience!

You can find a complete list of changes in the changelog: https://github.com/diaspora/diaspora/blob/master/Changelog.md

As always, the code is available from Github - either via checkout of the 'master' branch, or by using the 'v0.3.0.0' tag.

- The diaspora* development team

Rich Kavanagh

Jan 20, 2014, 7:31:58 AM1/20/14
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com, diaspo...@googlegroups.com, ma...@jasonrobinson.me
Great news!

As mentioned elsewhere, can we get a guide on how to deploy this update (for those of us not using git)?

Thanks :)