Autostart as daemon (Ubuntu 12.04)

Ruwen Reddig

Feb 5, 2014, 6:17:56 AM2/5/14
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

even after a lot of searching and try & error, I couldn't find a way to start diaspora as daemon. Mostly, I tried to use the start-stop-daemon, but it seems like it can not correctly change the directory, even while using the --chdir and/or --chroot option.
Does anyone know a working solution that I can use as service (/etc/init.d) for Ubuntu 12.04?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9122488/how-to-allow-diaspora-to-start-when-server-boot-up is nice but no daemon, so my server will get stuck every time I use it during reboot.

Best regards,
Ruwen

Urs Kleinert

Feb 5, 2014, 3:28:13 PM2/5/14
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ruwen,
take a look at:

Init script and upstart configs for Diaspora

Greetings
Urs

Ruwen Reddig

Feb 7, 2014, 12:53:57 PM2/7/14
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com
Hi Urs,

thanks for the quick and nicely working reply. Just for my curiosity: Is it just the '&' at the end that did the trick?
I thought I tried that before...

Anyway, many thanks. I think this should be added in the wiki. Like a full description how to create a autostart.

Greetings
Ruwen

PS Sorry for the double post.