[ANNOUNCEMENT] diaspora* security released

Fabian Matias Rodriguez

Dec 5, 2013, 6:26:26 AM12/5/13
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys!

A new security release of Rails -3.2.16- is out and also a new Ruby security release -1.9.3-p484-, so I announce the immediate availability of Diaspora 0.2.0.1.

Everybody is encouraged to upgrade as soon as possible. As always, the code is available from Github - either via checkout of
the 'master' branch, or by using the 'v0.2.0.1' tag.

Cheers!
Fabianrbz

Flaburgan

Dec 5, 2013, 11:04:20 AM12/5/13
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Fabian!

Just to know, what about Ruby 2.0?

Fabian Matias Rodriguez

Dec 5, 2013, 7:27:03 PM12/5/13
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com, flab...@geexxx.fr
Actually ruby 2.0 isn't that far away, if it works in ruby 1.9.3 it should work in ruby 2.0, I have to check it, but I'm pretty sure it works!

Flaburgan

Dec 6, 2013, 4:25:03 AM12/6/13
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
My pod already uses Ruby 2.0 since June, my question was, does Ruby 2.0 also contain a security leak?

Jonne Haß

Dec 6, 2013, 6:32:23 AM12/6/13
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
Yes, make sure to update to 2.0.0-p353.