Facebook does not accept my Diaspora, cause it does not use Javascript SDK

Patrick Viola

Apr 14, 2015, 3:17:23 AM4/14/15
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
I installed Diaspora on my server some days ago and also begun to integrate some other social nets. Twitter was no problem, but facebook needs the authorization so that all of my users can use it...

So I follow the guide and request the publish_actions from Facebook. I think this is what diaspora needs.

Facebook answers me that I should use the "JavaScript SDK" for the login dialog. If there is a special reason (think I have to name one) that I can not use the SDK, I have to define the width and height of the "window.open()" call.

May you can help me with this. Is there a reason not to use the SDK?
Where I have to change the Diaspora Source to make the Facebook Integration possible?

Oh, or may the next update of Diaspora will handle this? I use
  • Code 0.4.1.2-p5cabd692

  • Thanks a lot
  •  Patrick