Google+ has an API already?

Yosem Companys

Sep 15, 2011, 10:57:58 PM9/15/11
to diaspora-dev
So perhaps we can add it to Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter?

YC

Tom Scott

Sep 16, 2011, 8:50:12 AM9/16/11
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
That sounds like a great idea. Does it use OAuth?

-T

SteelWolf

Sep 16, 2011, 6:34:34 PM9/16/11
to diaspora-dev
I just wanted to add my voice to this - I'd like to see G+ integration
as well.

On Sep 16, 5:50 am, Tom Scott <tu...@psychedeli.ca> wrote:
> That sounds like a great idea. Does it use OAuth?
>
> -T
>
> On Sep 15, 2011, at 10:57 PM, Yosem Companys <yo...@joindiaspora.com> wrote:
>

> > So perhaps we can add it to Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter?
>
> > YC

Mike Macgirvin

Sep 16, 2011, 6:52:11 PM9/16/11
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
At this point in time the G+ API does very little that's useful to
networking. You can't post for instance.

Pavel Verba

Apr 23, 2014, 7:11:51 AM4/23/14
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
It have been quite some time, have anything changed?

Additionally, is there any data on why Google have not released a full-fledged public API for Plus, i.e. do they not want you to use third-party apps with it?

Esteban

Apr 23, 2014, 3:55:33 PM4/23/14
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
https://developers.google.com/+/api/

you still won't see shit about pictures/videos and galleries api.. that's why it doesn't seem to be moved yet from what used to be Picasa. soo
for pictures galleries and that stuff, you'll have to use picasa with /?noredirect=true to get href of images and you can also get url's for galleries XML and if I remember well, also JSON..

good luck

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 8:11 AM, Pavel Verba <paul.rad...@gmail.com> wrote:
It have been quite some time, have anything changed?

Additionally, is there any data on why Google have not released a full-fledged public API for Plus, i.e. do they not want you to use third-party apps with it?

Esteban

Apr 23, 2014, 3:57:54 PM4/23/14
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
also I've been reading a bit 'bout usage limitations, and you can't alter iframes generated by javascript embeded "posts" or activities or whatever, but it doesn't say nothing specific for the JSON/XML part so I don't think so. If anyone feels like reading in detail please illumiate us all.