Customizing Diaspora to give me yammer (basic version ) features ?

jaax

Sep 3, 2013, 6:20:43 AM9/3/13
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
My question is can i make such changes in diaspora so that it give a private socail network like yammer? and if it does then i can introduce such features in my own private social network like in yammer basic version?

Flaburgan

Sep 3, 2013, 6:38:06 AM9/3/13
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com

I don't know yammer, but you can run a diaspora* node without connecting it to the network yeah.

You loose the main interest doing that, but it's technically possible.

Le 03.09.2013 12:20, jaax a écrit :

My question is can i make such changes in diaspora so that it give a private socail network like yammer? and if it does then i can introduce such features in my own private social network like in yammer basic version?

Jason Robinson

Sep 3, 2013, 6:53:53 AM9/3/13
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
You can do with the Diaspora code what you want. But it is AGPL licensed so you MUST give out the changed source code to any users who can access your site.

So yes, as long as you distribute the source code. See more about AGPL (http://www.tldrlegal.com/license/gnu-affero-general-public-license-v3-%28agpl-3.0%29).

Br,
Jason

---- On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 13:20:43 +0300 jaax<optin...@gmail.com> wrote ----

jaax

Sep 3, 2013, 7:34:48 AM9/3/13
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com, ma...@jasonrobinson.me
Okay I got your point regarding AGPL lincense that I have to share that 'changed' source code with users acessing that website. but my main concern is about that features like
1.Basic socail networking features like conversation with co-workers,1 to 1messaging,user feed etc
2.Collaboratig features like sharing and working in groups
3.able to make mobile apps(android, iphone ) for my private social network

If you had used yammer (private social network) basic version that includes all these features so I want to introduce all these features into my own private social network. so is it possible ?

And what features diaspora gives now (like any of mentioned above) ?

jaax

Sep 3, 2013, 7:36:33 AM9/3/13
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com, flab...@geexxx.fr

Can you explain what you  mean by "without connecting it to the network" ?

Jason Robinson

Sep 3, 2013, 2:32:38 PM9/3/13
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
Sure you can implement any features you want. You cannot say if something is possible or not - depends on your own skills. In software, _anything_ is possible.

But I really suggest starting by contributing to the Diaspora code in some way - then you can see for yourself what it looks like.

Br,
Jason

---- On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 14:34:48 +0300 jaax<optin...@gmail.com> wrote ----

optini1 test1

Sep 4, 2013, 2:45:44 AM9/4/13
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
okay.by contributing you mean Diaspora is not yet complete in open source social network shape ?

Jason Robinson

Sep 4, 2013, 2:51:30 AM9/4/13
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
Software is never complete - and if you want to learn how diaspora* works and how you could use it yourself - the best way to learn is to contribute some code back to the project first.

Br,
Jason

---- On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 09:45:44 +0300 optini1 test1 <optin...@gmail.com> wrote ----

Guilherme Bastos Alvarenga

Feb 20, 2014, 6:28:44 AM2/20/14
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com, ma...@jasonrobinson.me
Hi Jason,

I'll develop a microblog for private purpose which an AGPL license is not appropriated. Do you know some free code to give me a start point and avoid a initial from scratch.

Thank you in advance for helping

Guilherme

dave brock

Feb 20, 2014, 6:12:52 PM2/20/14