diaspora* version 0.5.1.0 released!

Dennis Schubert

Jun 14, 2015, 12:08:33 PM6/14/15
to diaspora...@googlegroups.com, diaspo...@googlegroups.com

# diaspora* version 0.5.1.0 released!

We did it! Six weeks after our first ideas to introduce a fixed
release cycle, I'm pleased to announce we successfully finished our
first minor release. This is our first release within a fixed release
schedule and we are very happy that everything worked out well. In the
last six weeks, we managed to collect 207 commits made by 21
contributors. While larger features like the chat or the full
Bootstrap porting are still getting more and more stable in the
develop version of diaspora*, we managed to include small but awesome
features in this minor release.

A huge thanks to all the contributors from the whole community! If you
want to help make diaspora* even better, please check out our getting
started guide [1]. Please read the changelog [2] for more information
about what has changed in this release.

## Notable features

- - Aspect sorting is back again!
- - Messages can get sent with Ctrl+Enter.
- - It is now possible to follow and unfollow tags within the mobile
interface.

This release also includes a lot of fixes and refactorings on the
federation modules, which should reduce the amount of failing jobs and
increase the overall federation stability.

## Updating

Update instructions are available as usual in the wiki [3]. For those
of you who have been testing the release candidate, run `git checkout
master` before the update to get back to the stable release branch.

## Our new release schedule

As you might have heard, diaspora* will now get released within a
fixed schedule. If you want to know when the next freeze or the next
release will happen, you can subscribe to the ICS feed [4]. If you do
not use a ICS-capable calendar or you just want to have a quick look,
an HTML version [5] is available as well. Our next release, 0.5.2.0,
will get a candidate release on 2015-07-19 and should be released on
2015-07-26.

[1]: https://wiki.diasporafoundation.org/Getting_started_with_contributi
ng
[2]: https://github.com/diaspora/diaspora/releases/tag/v0.5.1.0