A proposal: Labels

online.media

Sep 13, 2015, 9:50:25 AM9/13/15
to diaspora-dev

Hey Diaspora* developers

I have an idea, a concept, a proposal for Diaspora*: working with labels for the organization of you incoming messages, only for the organizations of all the incoming items by the user. So you can as user mind mapping the information what you get in your stream.

We have aspects, tags and my activities. very very fine. Now I give you a possibility for a next step: labels. In thunderbird and Opera mail you can place the mails in maps and/or you can give your mails a label, this system works with colors. In Opera, and that’s interesting also for Diaspora*, you can in the left marge click to one label, then you see all the mails what you give that label. So you have your own organization, only for yourself.

Examples.

1. You see any post about music. Very nice. You think: next friday, i have any time for looking all the post what have the theme music, not on this moment, i will me concentrated on another items. You see items about music comes from peoples in our aspects work, friends and your hobby-club.

2. You see any post comes from different aspects, they persons give you in september, after his or her holiday, tips what you can use for your holiday next year. But now in september, you don’t organise your holiday, you do it in January-February next year. All the post what you find between september and February, you give this items the label holiday (example: the green label), in February you have a nice and synoptic information-box for organization your holiday.

3. You see a few of post what you wil give attention, but not now, you are tired and wil to go sleep. You give this items the label blue: “Items for next weekend”.

Now you can with “X” items obscure, but for your private organization, there is need to more. Labels is an perfect possibility for that. With labels, you don’t see it, but on tell the truth, so you to do on mind-mapping. The users don’t binding to use this possibility, but so they “can” use this possibility.

I have make a draw, so you have a visualization, maybe this help you for understanding my idea.

Another thing. I am a brand-new user on Diapsora*. I used and to like the opinion of Diaspora* and open source software. I don’t was a Facebook user or user on another social media.
I see on screenshots on the internet, sometimes the aspects you see it in tabs. I like this very handy, very synoptic, its help me for the visualize of organization of my social network. Now, version 4, my pod-administrator update today to version 5.3, i see don’t tabs. Where the tabs in an old version? Why deleted this possibility? You will users give the possibility to combine different aspects on one screen? Make a tab where you can selected what aspects you will see in that tab. You can also to do this for the labels.
Here, I found an example of tabs: https://www.flickr.com/photos/adewale_oshineye/galleries/72157627605300605/#photo_5326908818

You can see here on in attachment on this mail a jpg with a draw how you can created labels.

Together we create anything, maybe, together the Diaspora* community created “Labels”! Alone the social media environment Diaspora* have the possibility “Labels”
I hope that I have something in motion with this proposal!

Joachim VH
Aalter - Belgium
Diaspora-account: jat...@diasp.nl

Jonne Haß

Sep 13, 2015, 9:52:21 AM9/13/15
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
I dropped your duplicate to diaspora-discuss from the moderation queue.

- Jonne

On 13.09.2015 15:49, online.media wrote:
> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qS4tY58TqKc/VfV-v9C0cUI/AAAAAAAAAD0/gM28tv_ZlEc/s1600/img-150912204754-001.jpeg>

Joachim VH - Jatigo

Sep 13, 2015, 10:03:16 AM9/13/15
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Jonne!

brad....@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2015, 10:44:49 AM9/13/15
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
Wow I have not posted to this group in some time...

However this idea has massive potential. I can readily imagine each client or user account on each pod storing a set of these labels and then manufacturing a small probabilistic graphical model or minimally naive bag of words model to actually suggest labels from the existing candidate set and automatically sort incoming data streams. You then have the firehose of new content overview that provides the training ground for users to correct the multiclassification algorithm.

The utility of this seems quite high. And I would actually be happy to dive back into the code base to apply my efforts if this is something the community would like to have.

Huge potential for machine learning.

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to diaspora-dev...@googlegroups.com.

Joachim VH - Jatigo

Sep 13, 2015, 11:14:10 AM9/13/15
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
Dear,

You ask "
if this is something the community would like to have"

When it is a communication between you and me, there don't coming an answer on your question. When you posted, there comes answers. Say the community "Yes, do it": start to created this! Say the community "No, not need": OK, just good friends.

Say the community Yes? Here is Diaspora*  the piquance-tanginess, the winner, of you wait to the moment that Facebook or Google to start with labels?

I do my best for writing in Englisch, I have many time need to a dictionary, but thanks for reading, you understand me ;-)

Joachim VH.

Joachim VH - Jatigo

Sep 13, 2015, 11:19:57 AM9/13/15
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
And, when you posted, the community make, step by step, my proposal better ... and better ... and better. The end-result ... you don't will know it, believe me!

Joachim VH - Jatigo

Sep 13, 2015, 12:49:19 PM9/13/15
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
Now I see on this google groups, my proposal is posted. Thank you developpers and other persons!

Now this seed is planted. Together, you as fantastic developpers, let us give attention to this seed, the seed (with the name- 'Labels'), can to be a beautiful, a radiant plant with many flowers. When implementated, every user see that!

Give this proces the time what have need, but remember you this seed, this proposal, every week, every day, it is worth.

Now I give you the space. I come here on a regular time peeking to see what happens