Starting DIALANG

Katrin Wisniewski

Jan 13, 2015, 9:09:48 AM1/13/15
to dialan...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I installed DIALANG, but the programme does not open when I click on its ICON. I use Windows 7, Firefox browser, and have Java installed. As recommended on the website, I tried clicking many times on the icon, but this did not help. Would be very grateful for any support. Thanks!
Best
Katrin

Adrian Fish

Jan 13, 2015, 9:16:36 AM1/13/15
Hi Katrin,

Have you had a go with the web based version? It's at https://dialangweb.lancaster.ac.uk. It's feature equivalent and a lot easier to get started with.

Cheers,
Adrian.

Katrin Wisniewski

Jan 19, 2015, 8:30:03 AM1/19/15
to dialan...@googlegroups.com

Hi Adrian!

Thanks, this works fine.

Best,

Katrin

Am Dienstag, 13. Januar 2015 15:16:36 UTC+1 schrieb Adrian Fish:
Hi Katrin,

Have you had a go with the web based version? It's at https://dialangweb.lancaster.acuk. It's feature equivalent and a lot easier to get started with.

Cheers,
Adrian.

Ricardo Del Pino

Jan 22, 2015, 7:17:55 PM1/22/15
to dialan...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrian,
It seens that the online version does not work right now, I have tried with a inglish vocabulary test and give me a tomcat error.
Regarding to the desktop application, I have windows 8.1 with latest verison of java jre and it does not work either. Please, could you provide with more information about how to get the application working?

El martes, 13 de enero de 2015, 15:16:36 (UTC+1), Adrian Fish escribió:
Hi Katrin,

Have you had a go with the web based version? It's at https://dialangweb.lancaster.ac.uk. It's feature equivalent and a lot easier to get started with.

Cheers,
Adrian.

Adrian Fish

Jan 23, 2015, 4:42:53 AM1/23/15
to dialan...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for the warning. There's an error in the server logs. Which browser were you using?

Cheers,
Adrian.