not working

vincent ceulenaere

Jun 4, 2015, 7:37:31 AM6/4/15
to dialan...@googlegroups.com
Dialang isn't working?

Adrian Fish

Jun 4, 2015, 7:42:44 AM6/4/15
to dialan...@googlegroups.com, vince...@gmail.com
Hi Vincent,

dialangweb.lancaster.ac.uk is working okay. Do you mean the desktop version?

Cheers,
Adrian.

On Thursday, 4 June 2015 12:37:31 UTC+1, vincent ceulenaere wrote:
Dialang isn't working?

vincent ceulenaere

Jun 4, 2015, 2:18:24 PM6/4/15
to dialan...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was capable of downloading it, but whenever I try to open the desktop icon, it just does nothing.
I allready tried to re-install the program, open as administrator, problem solving...

Nothing seems to work.
I tried once without typing anything in the internet menu, the next time I typed my internet name & password in the 2 boxes down below.

Op donderdag 4 juni 2015 13:37:31 UTC+2 schreef vincent ceulenaere:
Dialang isn't working?

Antonio Gil

Jun 6, 2015, 9:14:14 AM6/6/15
to dialan...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I was having troubles with dialang, but they were solved (almost) by downloading the old JRE version from Lancaster's web page

" Or: we know that DIALANG works correctly with this older version of Java: Click here." <-- this part

It will install that component, and it should work fine after that.

There was also a problem with connection, but I think that it was more a fault on my ISP's side more than DIALANG's side, but you should be aware that there's a chance that you need to use a proxy to get the connection with the server. But, as I said, I bet that it was something to do do with my ISP provider.