Integrating DIALANG into LMS

bee.jenk...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2016, 10:54:17 AM3/14/16
to DIALANG Users
Hello Adrian,

Bee here, in Washington DC. I was wondering if you have some guidelines or recommendations for integrating DIALANG into LMS to report student scores? I noticed that you mentioned Sakai, Moodle, and Blackboard in a conversation (see below) on February 29... I'm going to be working with Canvas, but I will take any info I can get on any LMS into which DIALANG has been integrated.

Thank you very much! I know that DIALANG is maintained and updated on a volunteer-basis (and very well I might add), so I appreciate you taking time out to respond to questions.

Cheers,
Bee

Hi Alexander,

Can't they just take the test online rather than reinvent the wheel? You can hook Dialang web up to any LTI consumer now, such as Sakai, Moodle or Blackboard, among others, and, when you do this, you can download reports of student scores against the CoE framework. Won't that do the job?

If not, then the linguists at Lancaster may well be interested in some kind of collaboration, especially if that collaboration results in some growth of the item banks.

Cheers,
Adrian.

On 29 February 2016 at 15:20, <alexanderv...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Adrian,

My employer is very interested in the algorithms behind DIALANG, as we would like to develop an application of our own to guage the language proficiency of candidate helpdesk operators that ought to be deployed on a variety of projects. Do you think you could hook me up with the relevant academics? Would s/he or he be interested in a joint effort, or perhaps the sharing of the dataset?

Thank you in advance for your time and attention, Alexander