DIALANG web version now available for testing

Adrian Fish

Mar 26, 2014, 10:06:42 AM3/26/14
to dialan...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

The web based version of DIALANG is now available for testing. Here's the URL:

We're still in a testing phase so the service may be a bit rocky here and there, but seeing as you're all used to the current system, I doubt that will be a problem :)

If you encounter issues I'd like you to report them in the bug tracker at ...

Thank you for all your patience with the current system. It's taken a while to work up the web based system as I have plenty of other responsibilities at Lancaster.

Many thanks,
Adrian.

Charles Alderson

Mar 29, 2014, 6:20:20 AM3/29/14
to dialan...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrian. Once I got into the French listening test, played the recording and answered, there was no forward button ready for me to go to the next item: just the fast forward button that threw me out of the test

Charles

Carmen

Apr 1, 2014, 8:43:43 AM4/1/14
to dialan...@googlegroups.com
Dear Charles

I realised, that if you select an option before the audio is finished most of the time it doesn't recognise the answer and that's why, I think, the system doesn't allow to continue.

I hope this helps you.

Carmen.

anna.je...@iepg.fr

Apr 4, 2014, 12:41:07 PM4/4/14
to dialan...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Adrian for trying to keep this test alive.  It's a great test and well worth your effort!
Some of my students will be testing it this week in at the university in Grenoble, France,
Best wishes,
Anna Jeannesson

thota gopi

Mar 12, 2015, 9:08:49 AM3/12/15
to dialan...@googlegroups.com
Nice post......................
Message has been deleted

Sinan Bayraktaroglu

Sep 12, 2015, 7:38:01 AM9/12/15
to DIALANG Users
Hi Adrian

I can't make the audio work , can you help?

Thabnks in advance

Sinan

ieva.mot...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2015, 3:30:19 PM9/13/15
to DIALANG Users
Hei,
I tried to use norwegian litening task, but it is not working. I tried on more then 2 PC...it just doesn't work, no sound, doesnt play at all. I used the test one week ago ant everything was OK. Whats wrong?
thanks for your answer.

ram...@starlingpartners.com

Sep 14, 2015, 11:36:33 AM9/14/15
to DIALANG Users
Hi All,

I have the same problem with the Spanish listening part. I am not able to hear anything (not even able to click on it). Pls see screenshot attached.

Thank you for your help!

Best,

Ramona
Screenshot 2015-09-14 17.31.20.png

Adrian Fish

Sep 15, 2015, 11:52:58 AM9/15/15
to DIALANG Users
Hi,

I need some browser info, please. Could you please tell me which OS and web browser you are using, so I can try and replicate the problem?

Cheers,
Adrian.

Silvia

Sep 16, 2015, 1:25:34 PM9/16/15
to DIALANG Users
Hi I also have the same problem as Ramona but for the english listening test.
I tried Firefox, Chrome and Windows Edge. I use Windows 10 but I tried on a windows7 and it didn't work as well.

Adrian Fish

Sep 24, 2015, 10:16:17 AM9/24/15
to DIALANG Users
Hi,

The listening tests are fixed. I'd made a simple error when updating the cache of data and not relinked the media directory correctly. I've now documented this gotcha for future reference. My apologies for the problems caused.

Cheers,
Adrian.

Bruno Adesse

Dec 15, 2015, 4:20:06 PM12/15/15
to DIALANG Users
Hi

Just started to use it. Couldn´t use app version yet. I used web version. I tried to load a previous test wich i had already finished and it started in question 30.

Actually, i would like to access my grade after doing a test, so that i could share the result with a teacher or institution.  Is that possible?

Thanks

Juan Felipe Martínez Illera

Oct 17, 2016, 6:11:33 AM10/17/16
to DIALANG Users
Hey Adrian! when doing French writing part, there seems to be a problem with question 29. The problem being, it displays no question. I thank you very much for keeping the test alive! it helps a lot!

Felipe

Sprachlabor Uni Freiburg

Oct 17, 2016, 8:38:12 AM10/17/16
to DIALANG Users

We are getting the same problem with question 29 in the writting test, Here a screenshot.

Again thanks for all your efforts Adrian!

Sprachlabor Freiburg

Adrian Fish

Dec 15, 2016, 10:04:07 AM12/15/16
to DIALANG Users
Thanks for the screenshot. I'll take a look at that item, very odd.

Cheers,
Adrian.

Juan Felipe Martínez Illera

Jan 26, 2017, 7:36:05 AM1/26/17
to DIALANG Users
Hello Adrian!

Again thank you very much for all your efforts! I'm writting to make notice of an apparent error in Question 1 in the Spanisch reading test: when asked to write the name of the restaurant, no answer is recognized by the programm, we've had the problem many Times. Could you take a look at that? again thank you very much!