Network error

Luis Gonzalez

Dec 14, 2016, 2:40:06 AM12/14/16
to DIALANG Users
Hello Adrian,
We currently can't use Dialang because of a network error. We use it with our students so it's very important for us.
Is that possible to fix it as soon as possible ?
Thank you very much in advance ! :)
Regards
Luis Gonzalez, Lausanne University - Switzerland

Adrian Fish

Dec 14, 2016, 3:30:45 AM12/14/16
to DIALANG Users
Hi Luis Gonzalez,

Have you tried the web version at https://dialangweb.lancaster.ac.uk?

It's better supported than the desktop version - I keep more of an eye on it for a start.

I'll take a look at the legacy system and see what's up.

Cheers,
Adrian.

Luis Gonzalez

Mar 28, 2017, 6:37:06 AM3/28/17
to DIALANG Users
Hi Adrian,

We have again a network problem with DIALANG. So we tested last week the web version but it seems that when we proposed to a new student on the same machine, the oral task is blocked and we have to reboot the computer. Another problem we saw the system jump not to the next question but jump 4 or more questions directly.
The students are not very happy to have to wait the reboot AND to begin again the same part as you can imagine.

I will have a closer look to it and I will report all the bugs, but is it possible to have a look to the server perhaps ? The initial version is stronger than the web service.

thanks in advance
Regards
Luis Gonzalez

Adrian Fish

Mar 28, 2017, 8:29:26 AM3/28/17
to Luis Gonzalez, DIALANG Users
Hi Luis,

Does this happen with only the audio tests? I've started up the old service for the time being, so feel free to use that. However we have to move off that version at some point. It is not getting any love and only gets used in lab scenarios where technicians can spend the time to get it installed and configured.

So, more testing will be very welcome indeed :)

Cheers,
Adrian.