Daemonizing dezi

Brad Miele

Jun 23, 2016, 11:09:15 AM6/23/16
to dezi
I am trying (and failing) to run dezi search as a service on centos at startup. What is the best way to do this?

Peter Karman

Jun 23, 2016, 1:54:35 PM6/23/16
to dezi-...@googlegroups.com
Brad Miele wrote on 6/23/16, 10:09 AM:
> I am trying (and failing) to run dezi search as a service on centos at startup.
> What is the best way to do this?

I've just created an init script for /etc/init.d/ per one of the many tutorials
I've found via google.

Is that what you are trying? Is there something specific about dezi that is failing?

Since dezi is mostly a fork of starman, does this help?

http://perl-diver.blogspot.com/2010/09/rhelcentos-init-script-for-starman-web.html

--
Peter Karman . http://peknet.com/ . pe...@peknet.com

Brad Miele

Jun 24, 2016, 10:12:38 AM6/24/16
to dezi, pe...@peknet.com
I'll try that example. My init script was simply dying with no info and I figured I'd ask prior to twisting knobs.