Search Term Cloud

Paul Stubbe

Apr 8, 2013, 12:21:33 PM4/8/13
to dezi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Would it be easy (or has it already been done) to provide a "search term cloud" similar to the one on the left on http://www.bib.belgium.be/ ?

Tks,

Paul

Peter Karman

Apr 8, 2013, 12:31:39 PM4/8/13
to dezi-...@googlegroups.com
Paul Stubbe wrote on 4/8/13 11:21 AM:
> Hi,
>
> Would it be easy (or has it already been done) to provide a "search term cloud"
> similar to the one on the left on http://www.bib.belgium.be/ ?

That example is cool. I've not seen it before.

I've not implemented something exactly like that example, which seems to draw on
co-incidence metrics of some kind, along with spelling variations, translations,
etc.

The UI is in Flash, afaics.

You could get the spelling variations with the 'suggester' feature (iirc you
just need to install LucyX::Suggester and Dezi will use it).

The co-incidence metrics ("Association") would be trickier to get out of the
index without some additional lexicon analysis. The 'lucyx-dump-terms' script
that comes with SWISH::Prog::Lucy (you probably have it installed already) might
be a useful example to start from.

--
Peter Karman . http://peknet.com/ . pe...@peknet.com