Moo port

Peter Karman

Apr 7, 2014, 10:12:48 PM4/7/14
to dezi-...@googlegroups.com
I have started porting many of Dezi's dependencies to Moo, away from
Rose::ObjectX::CAF. I am doing this in order to reduce dependencies (or
at least switch to a more common set), reduce the learning curve and
(hopefully) attract new contributors.

If you are interested in helping with this effort, ping me (karpet) on
#dezisearch on freenode.net and we'll coordinate.

--
Peter Karman . http://peknet.com/ . pe...@peknet.com

Peter Karman

Apr 11, 2014, 5:43:40 PM4/11/14
to dezi-...@googlegroups.com
On 4/7/14 9:12 PM, Peter Karman wrote:
> I have started porting many of Dezi's dependencies to Moo, away from
> Rose::ObjectX::CAF. I am doing this in order to reduce dependencies (or
> at least switch to a more common set), reduce the learning curve and
> (hopefully) attract new contributors.
>
> If you are interested in helping with this effort, ping me (karpet) on
> #dezisearch on freenode.net and we'll coordinate.

status update:

* Dezi::Client 0.3.0 uploaded just now to PAUSE uses Moo + Type::Tiny

* Search::Tools 0.999_04 RC working its way through cpantesters

* Search::Query 0.290_01 RC working its way through cpantesters

* Dezi::App (Moose port of SWISH::Prog::Utils) started on github:
https://github.com/karpet/dezi-app

The plan is for Dezi::App to absorb SWISH::Prog::Lucy completely so that
when you install Dezi::App you get a completely working app. There's
also tighter integration with SWISH::3 which should help speed things up
a bit.

Still TODO: the whole Search::OpenSearch set of modules.

It's not too late to jump in on the coding fun. Ping me on irc.

Peter Karman

May 1, 2014, 11:59:08 AM5/1/14
to dezi-...@googlegroups.com
On 4/7/14 9:12 PM, Peter Karman wrote:
> I have started porting many of Dezi's dependencies to Moo, away from
> Rose::ObjectX::CAF. I am doing this in order to reduce dependencies (or
> at least switch to a more common set), reduce the learning curve and
> (hopefully) attract new contributors.
>
> If you are interested in helping with this effort, ping me (karpet) on
> #dezisearch on freenode.net and we'll coordinate.

Just an update with a few items of note.

I blogged about this effort here:
http://blogs.perl.org/users/karpet/2014/04/doozi-dezi-moose.html

Today I uploaded a couple more updates:

* Search::Query::Dialect::KSx (legacy, superceded by Lucy)
* HTML::HiLiter

Dezi::App is still in need of a cli name. I am leaning towards dezi-app
in order to be consistent with dezi-client.

Logan Bell

May 1, 2014, 12:06:25 PM5/1/14
to dezi-...@googlegroups.com
Awesome job :) I'd be interested in helping where I can.

--
Dezi search platform . http://dezi.org/

Peter Karman

May 2, 2014, 9:56:03 AM5/2/14
to dezi-...@googlegroups.com
On 5/1/14 11:06 AM, Logan Bell wrote:
> Awesome job :) I'd be interested in helping where I can.

great!

Let's connect on #dezisearch to coordinate.

Peter Karman

Jul 22, 2014, 2:30:59 PM7/22/14
to dezi-...@googlegroups.com, pe...@peknet.com

On Monday, April 7, 2014 10:12:48 PM UTC-4, Peter Karman wrote:
I have started porting many of Dezi's dependencies to Moo, away from
Rose::ObjectX::CAF.

The last of the components (SWISH::Prog, SWISH::Prog::Lucy) have been ported to Moose and released as Dezi::App.

Thanks to Logan for his help on this project.

Logan Bell

Jul 22, 2014, 3:16:12 PM7/22/14
to dezi-...@googlegroups.com, pe...@peknet.com
Awesome job :)