IT Monitoring Survey

James Turnbull

Oct 26, 2014, 1:51:44 AM10/26/14
Hi all

I am gathering some statistical data for a conference talk on IT
monitoring that I am giving next year. I am hoping you will all be
interested in responding to a quick survey about your IT monitoring
environment. It's a totally anonymous and very simple survey that takes
about 3-4 minutes to answer.

The link to the survey is here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/monitorings

Many thanks!

James Turnbull

--
* The Docker Book (http://dockerbook.com)
* The LogStash Book (http://logstashbook.com)

Eric Shamow

Oct 26, 2014, 1:55:02 AM10/26/14
to dev...@googlegroups.com
James,

Asking on list because I imagine it’ll be something that applies to a lot of folks in consulting roles -

If we’re working at client sites, do you want the “best of breed” stuff we’re rolling out now, or the legacy reality we’re living in? Or would you prefer to keep this to stable/established infrastructures that aren’t in transition?

In the large environment I’m working now, I could answer this survey several different ways…so not sure if you’d prefer answers from my team, or what I’m rolling out to the enterprise at large, or state of the union before my intervention.

Thanks,

-Eric

--
Eric Shamow
Sent with Airmail

---

James Turnbull

Oct 26, 2014, 1:57:39 AM10/26/14
to dev...@googlegroups.com
Eric Shamow wrote:
> James,
>
> Asking on list because I imagine it’ll be something that applies to a
> lot of folks in consulting roles -
>
> If we’re working at client sites, do you want the “best of breed” stuff
> we’re rolling out now, or the legacy reality we’re living in? Or would
> you prefer to keep this to stable/established infrastructures that
> aren’t in transition?

Hmmm I didn't really think consultants - I guess the reality we're
living in is the best place to start. I'm thinking about here and now
more than aspirational.

Thanks!

James

Eric Shamow