What's happening in Bremen

Steve Liedtke

Jan 12, 2014, 7:05:51 AM1/12/14
to devic...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

my name is Steve and I'm a software developer in Bremen, Germany. In this thread I want to give some expressions, how the open device lab in Bremen is doing.

We recently published our website[1] and got listed on opendevicelab.com [2]. I'm part of the club board of the local hackerspace and we had a project similar to the open device labs already running (called "Handysammlung", english: mobile collection). Someone told me of the existence of open device labs so we created a website and teamed up with a local coworking space. So actually we give our users the opportunity to use the devices either in the coworking space (open Mo-Fr 8 am to 6pm) or in the hackerspace (open after 6pm or on weekend). Therefore the users have to tell us, when they want to use the devices and where.

I'm a big fan of Google App Engine (a Platform as a Service platform by Google), so I created the website on it. As long as the usage stays low, the application doesn't cost me anything. The source code is open source and can be found on github[3]. Feel free to fork it or make a pull request.

At the moment we have 9 devices and there are coming more in the next weeks.

Regards,
Steve