Allow testing of native apps?

Björn Söderqvist (modl)

Sep 12, 2013, 3:51:20 AM9/12/13
to devic...@googlegroups.com
Hello from Sweden!

I'm a co-founder of the Malmö Open Device Lab.
We're now discussing the option of allowing the testing of native apps.
I'd like to know if there are any labs out there that do allow this, and how it's worked out for you.
Any extra maintenance work required for the devices?
Do you see any potential risk of harming the device (bricking or similar)?

Best regards
Björn

Andy Soell

Sep 12, 2013, 12:24:24 PM9/12/13
to devic...@googlegroups.com
Greetings from Ohio!

We do allow native app testing, just none that require any modifications to the devices, like jail breaking. So far there hasn't been any trouble, and worst case we should just be able to restore the OS to its native state.

Andy Soell
The Salt Mines Device Lab

Roy Tomeij

Sep 17, 2013, 3:45:01 AM9/17/13
to devic...@googlegroups.com
We have allowed it as well, although I was always a bit worried things might go wrong. Requirement we had: undo whatever you did to the device. Period.