Re: Device Swap? (Looking for an iPhone 3GS with iOS 5.0)

Haley Kotnik

Jan 15, 2013, 1:08:34 PM1/15/13
to devic...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy,

Our extra iPhone 3GS is running version 5.1.1. Let me know if you are interested in working out a swap!

Thanks,

Haley

On Thursday, January 3, 2013 6:11:54 AM UTC-8, Andy Soell wrote:
There's a bigger issue I'd like to discuss, but first my specific inquiry: At our device lab here in Columbus Ohio (http://clintonvillesaltmines.com/devicelab) we have an iPhone 3GS running iOS 6.0 and I'd really love to have an Apple device in our lab that runs some version of iOS 5.0. As you may know, rolling iOS versions back isn't always possible, so I was hoping to find someone with an iPhone 3GS running iOS 5.0 that would be willing to do a trade. Are there any device labs out there with an extra 3GS that fits this requirement that would be willing to do a trade?

Secondly, the bigger picture, is there a centralized place out there were device labs can communicate about extra devices to coordinate swaps like this? I'm sure things like this will come up in the future where a Device Lab has extra equipment they would like to swap for something unique, and if not it seems like something worth talking about.

Thanks!

Andy Soell
The Salt Mines Device Lab

Andy Soell

Jan 17, 2013, 11:30:10 AM1/17/13
to devic...@googlegroups.com
Hi Haley, I'd love to do a swap! The only thing we have to offer at the moment is an iPhone 3GS running iOS 6. Would that be ok? Let me know, and we can work out the details offline. You can email me at andy [at] clintonvillesaltmines.com

We are not officially non-profit, but we don't charge anything to users of the device lab -- just for use of the coworking space.

Thanks again!