Visualisation tool for RDF Schema

Ian Stuart

Oct 24, 2013, 9:44:30 AM10/24/13
to develope...@googlegroups.com
I want to produce a nice piece of HTML documentation for an RDF ontology I have.

To begin with, I used LODE (Live OWL Documentation Environment http://sourceforge.net/projects/lode/) and then I switched to using the ontology browser from Manchester (https://code.google.com/p/ontology-browser/)

Both now seem to have gone....

What do people use to create HTML documentation from ontologies?
Do people make HTML documentation from the raw ontology, or do you just assume that the people reading the ontologies will be techie enough to understand the raw file?

--
Ian

Christopher Gutteridge

Oct 24, 2013, 10:49:47 AM10/24/13
to develope...@googlegroups.com, Ian Stuart
One option is to load the vocab into neologism, which is ok at that
http://neologism.ecs.soton.ac.uk/prog#

Christopher Gutteridge -- http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/cjg

University of Southampton Open Data Service: http://data.southampton.ac.uk/
You should read the ECS Web Team blog: http://blogs.ecs.soton.ac.uk/webteam/

Would you recommend the software you use to another institution?
http://uni-software.ideascale.com/

Ian Stuart

Oct 29, 2013, 7:41:18 AM10/29/13
to develope...@googlegroups.com
I had a look at neologism - but the idea of firing up an apache server just to farm a couple of ontologies (which, to me, should really appear within their service documentation) seems a bit overkill.

I also looked at some php scripts people have, at dowl (https://github.com/ldodds/dowl) & yowl (https://github.com/modelfabric/yowl), and at a few other things.

In the end I've written my own - first output at http://lucas.ucs.ed.ac.uk/test/ont.html
I still want to add javascript folding to hide the "Properties", "has values..", etc lists (under the description)

This is simple Perl, dependent only on XML::Simple & File::Slurp

(Once I've got it a bit better, I may throw it up onto GitHub)
--
Ian